[waste of bandwidth] Re: Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:19:35 MDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Doran Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what this proves. I wonder how this breaks down by project.
> Could it be that 42 Ruby programmers can do the work of 11893 Java
> programmers? :)

It proves that A) Java is ubber popular and B) Java is in high demand.
 For better or for worse.

> I'm sure it's not quite that bad, but in my experience, Java programmers
> spend at least half their time in meetings arguing over whiteboard drawings
> of object relation diagrams with 10 other Java programmers while the rest of
> us just get the job done.

Yup.  Java is totally unproductive and all we do is argue in meetings.
 I just hope we don't get found out.  P.S. - You'd better drop google
a line and let them know about their lack of productivity with gmail
too.

-Bryan