[waste of bandwidth] Re: Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Aug 10 17:10:16 MDT 2005

Bryan Sant wrote:
> Do I need to post another Dice.com job
> status update?  I think I do:
>
> # of Java jobs - 11893
> # of C++ jobs - 6602
> # of Perl jobs - 3642
> # of C# jobs - 3386
> # of PHP jobs - 651
> # of Python jobs - 365
> # of Ruby jobs - 42

I'm not sure what this proves. I wonder how this breaks down by project.
Could it be that 42 Ruby programmers can do the work of 11893 Java
programmers? :)

I'm sure it's not quite that bad, but in my experience, Java programmers
spend at least half their time in meetings arguing over whiteboard drawings
of object relation diagrams with 10 other Java programmers while the rest of
us just get the job done.

  "Please do not wash hair or clothes in toilet."
     -- Seen in a Tokyo restroom