[waste of bandwidth] Re: Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:07:10 MDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Nicholas Leippe <nick at byu.edu> wrote:
> Now, try and get some stats on the compensation levels for jobs in the
> different languages.  That may shed some light as to why 'D' isn't such a bad
> idea.
>
> In my (limited) experience and samplings:
>
> commodity language/skill == lower pay

According to the JavaPro 2002 salary survey the average Java developer
makes 84K.  The average Java developer polled in Utah makes $82K.  I
don't have stats for the other languages.  Maybe everone else on the
list is making 100K and I'm an idiot.

BTW - I'm not trying to bash other languages/platforms.  I love
everyone.  I'm just trying to keep the Java bashing in check with
reality.

-Bryan