[waste of bandwidth] Re: Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:45:50 MDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> right along to Java users, they're clinically depressed. Friends don't
> let friends use Java.
>
> The best choice between A) Struts B) Spring & C) Tapestry is
> D) update your resume and find a better job.

Sigh.  More of the "d00d, java is for the suxorz" comments.

I totally agree.  Java sucks.  I mean, why would you want to use Java
anyway?  It's not like every major banking site in the world uses it.
It's not like ebay, walmart, disney and other massive and
sophisticated sites are powered by it.  Heck, who would want to CHOOSE
to work with Java when Java was chosen by google to build gmail.
Indeed java sucks and is the worst technology to hit the planet ever.

I know, i know.  We must vigilantly group Java in with Microsoft and
hate them both equally.  Java is mainstream, and anything mainstream
is totally uncool.  But maybe, just maybe, Java is on top -- and
nearly every notable enterprise system has made it the heart of their
operation -- because Java ain't half bad.  Call me crazy, but just
consider that possibility for a moment.

As far as choosing your option "D", that would be about the worst
career move you could make.  Do I need to post another Dice.com job
status update?  I think I do:

# of Java jobs - 11893
# of C++ jobs - 6602
# of Perl jobs - 3642
# of C# jobs - 3386
# of PHP jobs - 651
# of Python jobs - 365
# of Ruby jobs - 42

Please apply the laws of supply and demand and come up with your own
conclusion as to why your option "D" is a bad idea.

-Bryan