Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Wed Aug 10 12:24:58 MDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:41:32 -0600, "Kimball Larsen"
<kimball at kimballlarsen.com> said:
> I have heard of a few major frameworks for use in jsp applications,
> but have not yet really had time to investigate/learn any of them.
>
> What do pluggers recommend?
>
> I come from a WebObjects background, so I'm used to have a MVC frame
> of reference, and really love to be able to abstract all database
> interaction to a framework.
>
> Further, what books can you recommend I pick up to learn any of the
> recommended frameworks?

Tapestry is the most strongly influenced by webobjects of the java
frameworks.  There's at least one book on it.

Spyce is a python framework with some webobjects influence as well.  The
learning curve is a lot nicer than Tapestry's.  Or any Java framework
really. :)

-Jonathan