Maddening print spools

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Fri Aug 5 14:13:38 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 14:00 -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> This is getting to the point where it's driving me crazy. Samba 3 PDC on
> RHEL3 using CUPS. When windows users look at the print queue they see
> all kinds of old jobs that completed long long ago. lpq reports the true
> queue. I've checked the samba spool directory (/var/spool/samba) and
> there's nothing hanging around in there.

I have also seen this problem on occasion, but I never have found a
solution.  The fact that nothing on the server can be found make me
wonder if it's not Windows itself being stupid, which is a distinct
possibility.  I once had a machine that faithfully logged into a domain
(complete with a roaming profile) that didn't exist anymore. Weird
stuff.

> Has anyone else seen this problem? Google is mute.

Haven't found anything on google either.