MySQL Threads

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Fri Aug 5 12:39:14 MDT 2005

Ed:

You got a few system threads (depending on your configuration), after that, each
thread per connection. Do not worry about them - they share most of the
resources. When there are really too many, the system will let you know - if it
does not, sleep while you can :-) But if you are using persistent connections,
see if that can be changed - all they have done for me and the MySQL customers
I've worked with in the past is sit idle and use up stack space and file
descriptors.

What symptoms of bad performance are you experiencing?

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting