Novell Opens Suse Up

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Wed Aug 3 15:19:15 MDT 2005

Stuart Jansen wrote:

> Well now, that's a stupid and cynical thing to say.

cynical ... yes ... stupid... maybe to some folks.  Since I've spent a
large amount of time in advertising and marketing (and had my own ad/pr
agency with major clients... some larger than Novell), I have a right to
laugh at the silliness of any related process.  If one doesn't find it
interesting and/or goofy... well ... to each his own.  Now, do I dislike
Novell? ... heck no, not even close (there's an M word company that
deserves that dislike).  But I can still laugh at the self indulging
marketing tech-ni-que.  If I didn't find amusement which such silliness
in the first place, I'd just yawn, hit the snooze button, and move on
(just like during the "get certified and get office bimbos/babes as a
reward" image schtuff I saw recently).

Mister Ed
ps - The advertising/marketing era in my life created the desire to
present myself as "bubba" fer a while and forgo the polished mannerisms
and educated blah blah in a lot of situations.  Guess that's part of why
I get so annoyed... I helped propagate the silly method in the first
place.  But now as a bonus, I get to find out who is who when I do the
bubba routine.