Getting Novell Linux Desktop to work

Daniel Timpson dtimpson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:40:16 MDT 2005

> I put a PCI NIC in the machine and ran all the system updates via Red
> Carpet. I downloaded the drivers from Intel's page, but no success. I
> heard that some one at Novell figured it out, once, but I don't know
> who or how.
>
> I don't know if any one here can help, but I just don't know enough to
> get the job done.

I've done this exact thing without any problems.  If you go to the
following link you will find a tar.gz for Novell Linux Desktop that
should get you well on your way.

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/ev/ev_drive.htm#nl9

If those drivers were the ones you used and you're still having
problems what errors do you see?

Dan