Getting Novell Linux Desktop to work

ArchAngel_Nix nix at holleyinc.com
Mon Aug 1 11:13:27 MDT 2005

I am sorry if this is a rehash, I am new to the mailing list and I
found the archives somewhat daunting. Plus this issues is with
relatively new hardware and probably hasn't been discussed,
specifically that is.

I work for Bridge Technologies and I was asked to make an Novell Linux
Desktop 9 image and a SuSE 9.3 Pro image* for a certain configuration**
we build. Linux installs, and runs, except for 2 main things; audio
doesn't work neither does the NIC.

I know the hardware is good, I had Windows XP installed on it
originally, and it worked fine.

I put a PCI NIC in the machine and ran all the system updates via Red
Carpet. I downloaded the drivers from Intel's page, but no success. I
heard that some one at Novell figured it out, once, but I don't know
who or how.

I don't know if any one here can help, but I just don't know enough to
get the job done.

* I haven't tried SuSE 9.3 Pro yet, I am trying to get NLD to work
first, then I will move to SuSE 9.3.
** Intel D915 GEV (Motherboard): Audio, video, and NIC onboard
	2 GB RAM
	160 GB HD
	Sony DVD-ROM
	No Floppy (Yeah!)