3D and apt-get

Jared Bernard jared.bernard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:01:27 MDT 2005

I don't play alot of games but every so often I like to play Tuxracer. Well,
today i went to play and the 3D wasn't working. Tuxracer was really slow and
jerky. 3D has always installed automatically with my distro so I don't know
anything about how it works or how it's associated with my video card, etc. I
don't even really know how to search for an answer in google. When I type in
'3D video card' I totally get the wrong 3D that I'm looking for.

anyway, I'm talking to much, I just want to get the 3D fixed. It worked a few
weeks ago, the last time I played. The only thing that I can think of is that
I installed a few things with apt-get since. Would that have disabled or
changed my 3D? I upgraded Kmail and install childsplay.

I have a Radeon Sapphire VE 7000 video card.

Any help would be great.
JB