Umask on /media/usbdisk

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:28:21 MDT 2005

OS: FC3
I am having this recurring issue where my ssh keys are stored on a CF
card connected via usb, and every time I power down for the night, and
re-boot, it mounts my (VFAT) CF card with permissions which are too
lax for ssh to allow the private key ...   I've searched high and low,
in hotplug config files and google, and cannot find anything that
would save me from having to unmount, add the "umask=077" line to my
/etc/fstab, then remount the drive .. every time.

TIA,

--
-- Matthew Frederico