System Resource trends

Nick Barker nick at
Tue Apr 26 16:22:46 MDT 2005

Sar would be a good thing to watch.  There are many other things you
could employ as well.  Here are a few I am aware of:

and others.  Most people look at them for their net monitoring but alot
of these packages come with system performance watching as part of it.
Sometimes SNMP is a good thing.  Some times graphs are more user
friendly to chart trends.  Take care.

> I was wondering if anyone has or knows of any server resource
> monitoring/trends script?  I'm looking for something that will create a
> log of memory/swap usage, cpu, load, disk usage total and per file
> system.  Possibly with an easy way to create a graph out of.  I've been
> searching online for a while and nothings really jumped out at me for
> what I want.  I really don't want to have to configure something to poll
> the systems remotely, i would like it self contained to the system.  If
> all else fails I'll probably hack one up myself... but any info would be
> great.  Thanks,
> Mitch
> | This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |
> |      Don't Fear the Penguin.      |