Linux on an XBox

tuxgirl at gmail.com tuxgirl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:55:01 MDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:23:25AM -0600, Steve Jibson wrote:
> I've been reading up on installing Linux on an XBox and I was wondering
> if y'all have any experience with this.
>
> Supposedly, the way to do it these days is to take advantage of a defect
> in the load/save game process for the MechAssault XBox game.  To do
> this, you need the game and a memory unit with the corrupt savegame
> image on it.  There are ways of getting the savegame image onto the XBox
> using a homemade USB cable and a USB storage card, but the easiest way
> is to find a "friend" who already has an XBox with Linux on it who can
> put the images on an XBox memory unit for you.  So... does such a
> "friend" exist here locally?

extremely similar thread just popped up on the UUG this week.
http://uug.byu.edu/pipermail/uug-list/2005-April/017636.html

not sure how helpful it'll be, but there's some people who are on there
who have done this, so you could try talking to them :)

Erin Sharmahd           TuxGirl at gmail.com
CS Student              Unix Users Group
PGP Fingerprint:
F352 FF41 EA0A 67E4 566B 3B5B E65A D3DC 083E 9336