Naked DSL - again

Lars Rasmussen lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:05:25 MDT 2005

On 4/18/05, Josh Hansen <lists at josh.aros.net> wrote:
> Qwest does offer standalone DSL now, as long as your address qualifies
> for it.  Right now I pay $33 dollars per month to Qwest ($38 with tax)
> for 1.5/1.  If you have a phone line it's $5 less.

I use standalone DSL from Qwest with Qwest.net for the ISP with 1.5
downstream in Springville.

Ends up being around $59 month total.

I'm switching to SCSI(aka Veracity/OCT) as my new home ISP tomorrow.
The cost should remain about the same, but I'll be able to run my DSL
router in bridged mode and use m0n0wall.

I'm hoping that will help eliminate the intermittent clicks in my
Vonage connection that started about 3 months ago.

If you go the DSL route, I recommend bridged mode & your own firewall
that will let you provide more advanced features like traffic shaping.

--
Lars