Start up Capital

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Thu Apr 14 18:02:57 MDT 2005

>If your dead set on seeking funding, you might check these guys out:
>http://www.fundingutah.com/utah-investors.php

fundingutah.com is a project that paul allen (the utah one, not the
microsoft one) put together, and although i hope it works out, generally
speaking these types of online funding websites (a la garage.com circa 1999)
simply do not work for a variety of reasons.

>http://www.utahangels.org/

i *strongly* caution against getting involved in anything referred to as
"venture debt" or any type of investment involving a "loan" by any utah
institution or group of investors.  (not trying to rain on anyones parade, i
just want to be able to sleep at night, ya know what i mean? ;-)

>http://www.infobaseventures.com/blog/

jordon is right on - this website is a great resource for insight into local
utah investing.  paul really cares about growing the tech sector here in
utah - he's an amazing person.

HTH.

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org