MPlayer and Patents

dataw0lf digitalsuicide at
Thu Apr 14 13:00:07 MDT 2005

It's been around for the past couple weeks.  I wouldn't really worry
about it that much;  most
OSS projects do this every once in a while (mplayer did it before
about a year and a half ago, if memory serves, same basic message).
Just a reminder that we're in dire need of patent reform, here in the
US, and abroad.

On 4/14/05, Eric Jensen <eric at> wrote:
> Trying to get videos to work in Firefox so I went to nab the latest
> mplayer and ran accross this:
> Not sure how old it is since I don't keep up on this sort of thing as
> much as I should.  But it sure did sadden me.
> Eric Jensen

Joshua Simpson
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all."
-Noam Chomsky