java plug meeting followup

Mike Heath mike at
Thu Apr 14 12:46:28 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 11:07 -0600, Josh Coates wrote:
> "SEDA is an acronym for staged event-driven architecture, and decomposes a
> complex, event-driven application into a set of stages connected by queues."

SEDA is great technology. Probably the best SEDA implementation in Java
right now is called Mina and it's part of the Apache Directory project
(  It is an awesome framework and is very

We are using Mina right now as part of the next version of the Apache
Mail Server (James).  Using Mina we can easily handle thousands of
simultaneous SMTP, POP and IMAP connections.