Install Debian in 5 minutes

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Apr 14 11:27:22 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 10:36 -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
> The best part about running off CF is the lack of moving parts.
> Traditional hard disks or CDROM drives wear out over time.  If you run
> your firewall off CF you should only need to worry about the power
> supply failing.

For the sweetest "no moving parts" and still hackable check this:

http://openwrt.org/

I've been using it for a while now and have *really* enjoyed it.  No
moving parts (power plug instead of a power supply) and it's cheap - as
in $59 bucks for the whole thing.  At that price it comes with a 4 port
switch for LAN, WAN, and wireless.  While you will never be able to run
everything that you can with D.S.Linux, you will be able to run
everything you need for a sweet router and more.  Right now I'm working
on running asterisk on it.  Fun stuff.

Later,
Gabe