Dead gateway detection

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Apr 13 11:17:03 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:51 -0600, C. Ed Felt wrote:
> I wrote a Python script (soooo much easier than perl :-) ) that uses
> ping but also has a backoff algorithm built in, (only does what it
> needs to on a 1, then 5, then 10 etc. on up to 40 min. interval).  I
> also just use cron to run the script every minute.

I think I'm going to check out mon.  I haven't used it yet but it looks
very cool.  Thanks for your input.  If it doesn't work out, I'll hit you
up for a peek at your script.

> -Ed

> P.S.:
> I have some asterisk questions, (IPCentrex, Voice Mail, Call routing,
> H323<-->SIP translation etc.), any Asterisk experts out there?

Experts?  Well, Jared Smith knows his stuff but I don't think he follows
the list.  He will likely present to one of the user groups in the area
on the topic (it seems to be a topic many are interested in).  Other
then that, there are several of us on the list that use Asterisk at work
and home.  Start a new thread with your questions and we'll see what we
can do.

Gabe