Sponsorships available

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Wed Apr 13 10:05:53 MDT 2005

hey

I'll just pipe in with one more comment.

One reason performance is bad with openldap-sql because they can't
assume the naming attribute is always the same. It's a very long story.

I made a change to my server to assume a fixed naming attribute. The
maintainer naturally didn't like it. I should have asked him if he'd
consider it as a config file option that was "not recommended."

Anyway, it made ldap queries on that fixed naming attribute (uid) go
from 10 seconds to under 1 second! This is one of several reasons the
design of ldap does not fit well with sql.

Brad