Bind (DNS) zones that aren't class C

Louis Zirkel lzirkel at cendev.com
Mon Apr 11 13:47:55 MDT 2005

Michael L Torrie wrote:
> I have a subnet that is 192.168.4.0/22.  I'm trying to set up dhcp and
> dns to do dynamic DNS for this subnet.  The problem is that bind appears
> only to support 24-bit zones.  Does anyone know how I can get this to
> work with a 22-bit subnet?

I've successfully used DHCP on a "super"-class C with no issues whatsoever.  Do
you have your config wrapped in a subnet ... netmask ... { } section that is
large enough?  That and using a "range ..." line that has multiple class C size
ranges works flawlessly for me.

--
Louis Zirkel III  <lzirkel at cendev.com>
SysAdmin/DBA -- Century Development Solutions