[OT] Where to find AMD Athlon (32) processor

Brad Dorner bdorner at novell.com
Mon Apr 11 11:59:15 MDT 2005

Have you ever tried to return something to EBC?

I have and I will never do that again!

I don't care how cheap EBC is or ever will be, they don't deserve anyone's business -- specially mine. Their philosophy of customer last is one that I have never seen before, they raise it to an art form. Sorry about the negitive review of a local business, but I am amazed that they are still around.

Brad

John Nielsen wrote:

>I'm looking for recommendations on good hardware vendors in the Provo/Orem
>area.  Specifically, I need a new AMD Athlon processor since one of mine
>seems to have developed a number of neuroses.
>
>PC Club is my usual favorite, but they only carry Semprons and Athlon64
>chips now.  I did see a 2800+ (for $108) at EBC Computers, but they don't
>fall under the category of good hardware vendors in my book (their
>service and support are lousy, regardless of the truthfulness of rumors
>about the company management lacking ethics).

hmm.. EBC $108 for 2800 add 5% for 1 year replacement=$113.4 for a cpu
that you can replace no matter what withing 1 year.
No need for support, no questions, just return/replace if it doesn't work.

-Dennis

>CompUSA has an Athlon 2700+, but (not surprisingly) it costs quite a bit
>more than EBC's 2800+ at $134.
>
>I know there are a number of computer shops around.  Any input would be
>appreciated.
>
>[Oh, and if you happen to have an Athlon you're looking to unload, feel
>free to let me know.]
>
>Thanks,
>
>JN
>| This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |