Recommendations wanted: SQL books

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Sun Apr 10 16:52:53 MDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 12:40:55PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I'm looking for a good intro to SQL for someone already familiar with
> computers & some programming experience. I have someone who needs to
> get up to speed quickly.

I'd recommend "An Introduction to Database Systems" by C.J. Date to learn
about the relational model and databases, before going into SQL.

SQL is flawed, and if one doesn't understand the flaws, one will suffer and
make mistakes.

For advanced SQL, I recommend "SQL For Smarties" by Joe Celko (who teaches
here in Utah).

-Roberto

--
Roberto Mello