Finding a bzip2 file on a damaged hard drive

James Clawson jclawsonx at mac.com
Thu Apr 7 22:34:42 MDT 2005

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have read the manual, including the recovery section.  It deals
with the recovery of non-corrupt blocks from a bzip2 archive with
come corrupt blocks.  I believe that these bzip2 files are intact,
but as I have no file table on the drive, I have to identify the
length of each archive.  I was hoping to identify either a long which
would identify the total number of bytes in the file, or an end of
file marker.  I have not found either.  I am reviewing the bzip2
source code, but have not found what I am looking for yet.

Jim