Finding a bzip2 file on a damaged hard drive

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Thu Apr 7 22:29:27 MDT 2005

James wrote:

> However, I do not know how to identify the end
> of each file.  Can you give me any information or suggestion on how I
>   might find out how long each bzip2 file should be?

A quick Google search for "bzip2 file format" yielded this documentation
page:

http://www.digistar.com/bzip2/docs/manual_toc.html

There's a section called "Recovering Data from Damaged Files" but the
link apparently isn't working.  Perhaps you could poke around the net a
bit and find the documentation mirrored somewhere?

HTH,
Jeff