Slashdot feed...

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Apr 7 10:17:27 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 09:59 -0600, Josh Coates wrote:
> the question was: "to what degree is OSS responsible for the economic
> strength of the US."
>
> my answer?  it's not responsible in the slightest.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying "in the slightest". BSD
software in particular has been responsible for accelerating the
information revolution. But in general, I have to agree with Josh. You
all know that I'm a strong F/OSS supporter, but lets not get delusions
of granduer. IT is only part of a very large and diverse economy. F/OSS
isn't vital to the economy. Yet.

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden