Slashdot feed...

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Apr 6 17:43:29 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 15:53 -0600, Eric Jensen wrote:
> Stuart Jansen wrote:
> >On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 14:14 -0600, Josh Coates wrote:
> >I was wearing my "repeat victim of proprietary software
> >just trying to accomplish something and move the economy forward
> >productively" glasses.
> >
> I can understand the "repeat victim" part.  We have all experienced that
> plenty.  But the economy part is a bit of a stretch.  America's economy
> is one of, if not the, strongest economy in the world and I'm pretty
> sure it wasn't because of OSS mindsets.

I was simply referring to the fact that I'm trying to "create value" by
producing a product or providing a service. I'm just wanted to make it
clear that I'm not whining about not getting a free lunch. Unresponsive
proprietary vendors consistently "destroy value" in the form of
unresolved bugs and refusal to implement desired features.

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden