Slashdot feed...

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Wed Apr 6 15:06:20 MDT 2005

>It's not illegal per se.

AYAL? IANAL.

but i'm pretty sure if you willfully violate an EULA (which typically has
the "don't reverse engineer this" clause), and/or copy someones intellectual
property, then you are breaking the law.

but in either case, you are right that it certainly violates the spirit of
the agreement in this particular case.  my original point is that this is an
example of very unprofessional, immature behavior and if the OSS community
knows whats good for them, they should come down hard on it instead of
celebrating it as some kind of moral victory.

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org