Slashdot feed...

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Wed Apr 6 14:14:50 MDT 2005

>When you use proprietary software, you are selling your future. At least
>Larry McVoy is being friendly about things.

what i got out of the article was something a little different.

i read "open source zealots ripped off (ie. stole) bitkeeper by illegally
reverse engineering it, which resulted in bitmover killing their free
version of the product."

not exactly a big win for the OSS crowd.

my hope is that the OSS community continues to advocate mature, legal
methods of promoting their philosophy, and discourage bigotry, immaturity
and illegal behavior.

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org