Linux startup script

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Mon Apr 4 17:04:57 MDT 2005

I totally agree with that.  We have plenty of systems that fit exactly
what you described here.  And I run plenty of software that is less
polished because of that.  And I would in this case too if I knew of a
product that offered the same service as Simp.  Unfortunately, when
there isn't even a less polished version out there you don't have much
of a choice.  It's easy to get even Window's users to download and
install Simp.  Their IM program doesn't change at all, everything is
completely transparent to them.  Not so easy to have them download and
install an entirely new IM program.

BTW, not trying to make a big fight for Simp itself, just it's service.
I know of no open source that even comes close to offering the same
service.  I would be very happen to have my eyes opened on this if I am
wrong.

Eric Jensen