Linux startup script

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Mon Apr 4 15:06:39 MDT 2005

Wanting a program to run on start up and am having a hard time figuring
out an easy way to do that.  I've looked at the scripts in rc.5 and they
seem far more complex then what I need.  To be specific, I am wanting to
run Secway's Simpserver for encrypting my gAim conversations.  To run
the script you just type /usr/local/bin/simpserver in a terminal.  In
Ubuntu I tried just created a simbolic link to that file in the rc.5 as
SS99simpserver, but it didn't seem to work.  I am now in Suse (finally
got my crazy install problems resolved), but I didn't try that again
since I didn't think it would work.  Any suggestions?

Eric Jensen