kenneth at uvlug.org
Fri Apr 1 11:00:06 MST 2005
Stephen Smith wrote:
> Flash back!
Well, I believe the problem was overheating protection kicking in. The
back fan on the computer was jammed and no longer spinning (and boy was
that fan hot). The fan's was connected to one of the motherboard's fan
power pins. I replaced that tinny fan, and I haven't had any reboot
I assume that this is just the CPU overheating protection that is listed
in the BIOS, but my assumption is that it would cause an immediate hard
power off. Why was I getting shutdown listings in the message log?
More information about the PLUG