[PLUG-announce] May meeting: "Ham radio is for nerds. Like me." (Josh Tolley)

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Sun May 12 22:41:42 MDT 2013

Date: Tuesday, May 21st, 2013
Time: 7:30 PM
Location: UVU Business Resource Center
Presenter: Josh Tolley (a.k.a. eggyknap)

Ham radio used to be where aspiring hackers got started. Amateur radio
is still a vibrant world with much to teach the interested geek. We'll
talk about where ham radio fits in the hacker arsenal today, and cover
everything you need to pass the FCC's licensing test and get on the air.

We will be meeting at the UVU Business Resource Center.

Directions & Map: http://www.plug.org/uvu
Meetup Page: http://www.meetup.com/Utah-Open-Source/events/118592222/
PLUG Announcement: http://www.plug.org/node/197