[PLUG-announce] September PLUG Meeting: Alfresco

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Sep 2 13:16:14 MDT 2009

Date: September 9th, 2009
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: Omniture, Inc.

PLUG:
This month we will have Jared Ottley of Alfresco give us an overview of this
truly powerful software. Come learn about some of the new features in the
latest release. We will also be giving away 2 free passes to the Utah Open
Source conference. You can't win unless you come. See you there!

Jared Ottley:
Jared Ottley has been with Alfresco for 2 years, where he is a
Solutions Engineer. He is responsible for Pre-sales demos and support
for the West Coast and Southern US, as well as the occasional training
and consulting engagement. He worked with Ingres on developing their
Alfresco appliance. And recently worked with Canonical to release an
Alfresco Community package for Ubuntu.

Prior to Alfresco, he was the Linux QA lead for Novell's Open
Enterprise Server, where he was also involved with QA for Suse
Enterprise Linux Server. His responsibilities there included testing
on Xen, Clustering, Storage, Patch Management, Linux VFS Integration,
Product Installation and General Product Integration. Before joining
Novell, he was a Enterprise Java developer at the Fifth Circuit, US
Court of Appeals in New Orleans.

Jared has degree in Political Science and Philosophy from BYU, where
he studied the use of the Internet as a Campaign Tool in Congressional
Elections.