[PLUG-announce] November Meeting: RepRap & Shane Hathaway

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Mon Nov 10 11:21:41 MST 2008

Date: November 12th, 2008
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: Omniture, Inc.

Shane Hathaway will be showing off his open source 3D printer. From Shane:

"I'm sure many of you have seen videos of the RepRap "Darwin", the open source
3D printer. Now how would you like to see one in person? I just built one and
I wouldn't mind showing it off and talking about the project.

See the RepRap section of my blog and the project's main web site:
http://shane.willowrise.com/archives/category/reprap/
http://reprap.org

I'm tweaking the machine and it prints better every day. If we have a PLUG
meeting about it, I hope to get some feedback on how I might improve the
printing. I am also interested in helping out others who are considering
building their own RepRap."

In other news, I believe we have our meeting location with Omniture settled.
Omniture values PLUG and its members. They want to continue to host the
meetings. New internal sponsors have been located, and some of the rules
relaxed to make it more accommodating should things change in the future. I
apologize for the gap in meetings due to the shakeup. Also, I'd like to
publicly apologize to Stuart Jansen who had agreed to present last month. We
hope that we can entice Stuart to present again at a later date.

-Ryan

P.S. I apologize for the last minute planning, but we just settled the
location details this morning.