[PLUG-announce] August: PLUG BBQ & Utah Open Source Conference

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Jul 23 00:00:07 MDT 2008

Date: August 2nd, 2008
Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Location: Scera Park, Red Pavilion

PLUG:

We had intended to hold our annual PLUG BBQ in July, but schedules didn't
quite work out. Instead August promises to be an open source packed month.
This year the BBQ is sponsored by the Utah Open Source Foundation. We really
appreciate their willingness to make this event possible. The timing is open.
You can show up as early as 9am, and the next group doesn't have a reservation
until 4pm. Any and all are invited, including family & kids.

The BBQ will be a totally open format. Traditionally we have used it as an
excuse to bring your spare computer hardware and parts swap/give-away with
others. Whatever is left usually ends up in the dumpster, so don't let good
gear go to waste! If you'd like to show up and take whatever is left to a
recycling/reuse center, that would be wonderful.

Please use the mailing list to coordinate the event so others can track what
is going on. The only thing planned is the place and time. If the community
would like to have a few warm grills, or other items, please feel free to
collaborate to make that happen. If not, one could simply pack a lunch, sit in
the park, and see which geeks show up.

As a reminder, August 28th-30th is the Utah Open Source Conference. If you are
not planning on attending this event, we highly encourage you to change your
plans. If you are a beginner, or a seasoned professional, you will get value
out of this conference.